You make these crackers the same as Oat Cracker sugar cookies but you don’t should decorate them. Roll out the dough, cut them into rounds or shapes, and set them on the baking sheet.
Sesame And Oat Cracker Recipe
For this unusual cracker, you grind roll oats in the food processor or blender—two cups coarse ground oat flour for starters cup wheat flour. No wonder it’s a nutritious cracker.
The secret of crispy crackers can be a long bake, of sufficient length to drive the moisture on the crackers.
2 cups quick rolled oats
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup cold butter
1/2 cup ice cold water plus one tablespoon as required
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1. Grind the oats about 1/2 cup at the same time in your blender Oat Cracker or mixer. Do not over-process. Your oats really should be coarsely ground.
2. Add the flour, sesame seeds, granulated sugar, salt, and baking powder and stir to mix.
3. Cut the butter into your dry ingredients using a pastry blender prior to the mixture is granular.
4. Make a well in the heart of the mixture and pour the cold water in the well, first the 1/2 cup so the extra tablespoon as needed. Stir having a fork before the mixture all comes together then knead it on the counter just in anticipation of having a ball of dough.
5. Roll the dough in the market to 1/8-inch thick. Cut crackers that have a cookie cutter or bottle lid. Place the crackers while on an ungreased cookie sheet. Prick the crackers by 50 % or three places using the tines of your fork.
6. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or before crackers is baked and dry. Let sit on the cookie sheet for a few minutes and then take them off to a wire rack. The server that has a dip or spread. Makes about 5 dozen 1 1/2 inch crackers.