Dry skin care is usually due to less oil and moisture manufactured by sebaceous glands. Simple dermititis results from not enough natural oils affecting mostly women under ages of 35 years, while complex dried-out skin lacks both oil and moisture and it is distinguished by wrinkles, enlarged pores and sagging skin that takes place with aging.
Recipes For Dry Skin Care Using Herbs And Essentials Oils
Alternatively, dermititis could be comes from genetic condition, poor diet especially deficiencies of vitamin A along with the B vitamins, contact environmental factors such sun, wind, or aggressive utilization of chemicals, cosmetics and excessive bathing with harsh soaps.
To name some essential oils for dried-out skin are Chamomile, Geranium, Hyssop, Lavender, Patchouli, Rose, Sandalwood and Ylang-Ylang.
Recipes For Dry Skin Care
– Aloe Vera gel applied topically enables you to remove old skin debris cells and is also soothing, healing and moisturizing.
– Calendula & comfrey which consists of skin softening properties are widely-used in facial sauna.
– 4 – 5 drops of lavender oil to bath water then application of diluted evening primrose oil or Aloe Vera cream moistens the dried-out skin.
– Evening primrose oil contains essential fatty acid to bolster skin cells and boost their moisture content.
– Drink tea brewed with chamomile, dandelion or peppermint. Teas of Borage, fennel, coltsfoot or calendula improve the skin. Add 1 tsp of either herb one cup of boiling water and drink daily.
– Tea tree oil using its skin penetrating properties enables you to moisturize and smooth skin.
Treat yourself with one of these recipes using herbs and essential oils –
Dry skin mask – Obtain a smooth paste by mixing 6 ounce of unflavored yoghurt, few finely crushed almonds, 2 tsp honey and wheat germ oil each. Apply and massage on the epidermis for 20 minutes. Wash with cold water. Crushed almonds exfoliate and eliminate old skin debris, honey supports adhering mask to skin and vitamin E in wheat germ oil fights radicals.
Home made balm for dry skin
Home made balm for dry, chapped lips – Heat ½ cup almond or grape seed oil. Add 2 tsp of melted beeswax, ½ tsp alkanet root. Strain the oil taking out the root. Add 8-10 drops of natural flavoring oil and 3 drops of vitamin E oil.
If you hands are moisture dry or chapp, massage all of them sandalwood, rose or chamomile essential oils when combined hydrating base oil like hazelnut, avocado or evening primrose.
For energizing natural hand moisturizer, mix wheat germ oil together with your favorite oil.
Before bath, apply a combination of 1 egg yolk, 1 tsp orange juice, 1 tsp coconut oil, few drops of rose water and lime juice on the skin. This is a good morning skin cleanser. 1 egg, 1 tsp honey, ½ tsp extra virgin olive oil and few drops of rose water produces a good beauty mask for dried-out skin.
Try Herbal facial sauna once weekly. Use chamomile, lavender, and peppermint herbs. Simmer 2 to 4 tsp of dried or fresh herbs into two quarts of water. Moreover, After matter of minutes of steaming, put the pot at comfortable distance from the face using a table. Bend above the pot with towel because covering your face plus the pot capture the steam. After a quarter-hour, splash cold water and air dry your skin accompanied by application of moisturizer or facial oil. You can cool the herbal water and then use it as toning lotion for being dabb on see your face after cleansing.