Matar Paneer is an irresistible delicious curry made from cottage cheese, peas and mixture of spices. You can make it any special occasion or just eat anytime whenever you want to eat delicious food. Its usually with naan, parathas, roti or boiled rice. So do try this yummylicious recipe at home and enjoy with your family.
Cottage Cheese Peas Curry, Paneer Peas Curry, Matar Paneer Masala
1. First take a pan on medium high heat and add 1 tbsp oil. When oil is medium hot change heat to medium and add onions. Now stir them a little and cook for 2 mins.
2. After 2 min add garlic, ginger and cook for another 2 mins so that rawness of ginger and garlic goes away.
3. After 2 min when onions, ginger and garlic are cooked add tomatoes. Now mix them a little, cover the pan and let them cook for 5-6 mins on medium heat till tomatoes are cooked and become soft.
4. After around 6 mins check tomatoes are cooked. If they have become soft, switch off the gas and take them out in a bowl and let them cool down.
5. When tomatoes have cooled down, grind them into a smooth paste in a blender. Once tomato paste is ready lets start cooking gravy.
6. Again take a pan on medium heat and add 1 tbsp oil. When oil is medium hot add 1 tsp turmeric and 1 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder which will also give nice red color to gravy. Now stir them for a few seconds so that turmeric rawness goes away. Just make sure oil is not too hot, otherwise turmeric will burn and turn sour.
7. Now add tomato onion paste we made earlier and mix it well. Now add boiled peas, ½ tsp salt or according to taste and 1 tsp coriander powder. Now mix them well, cover the pan and cook them for 2-3 mins on medium heat.
8. After around 3 mins open the pan, mix it a little and then add 1 cup water to give right thickness to gravy.
9. Now again mix it well, cover it and cook on low medium heat for 6-7 mins. After around 7 mins open the pan and add cubed paneer pieces, 1 tsp garam masala and 1 tsp kasuri methi, kasuri methi gives nice aroma to curry.
10. Now mix them well, cover the pan and cook for another 2-3 mins so that paneer becomes soft and absorb all spices flavors.
11. After around 3 mins check curry consistency if its good that means our yummy Matar Paneer is ready so switch of the heat and take it out in a bowl to serve it hot.
Tips n Tricks:
1. If you want to make vegan use tofu instead of cottage cheese
FOLLOW Nehas Cookhouse:
F A C E B O O K
T W I T T E R
P I N T E R E S T
I N S T A G R A M
G O O G L E +
Y O U T U B E
ARTIST: NICOLAI HEIDLAS
CC BY License 4.0