Recipe in Hindi – http://nishamadhulika.com/1425-idli-dhokla-recipe.html
This Idli dhokla is not just the dhokla in the shape of Idli. Its outer layer is as firm as that of idli. Therefore, this Idli dhokla is super delicious.
Chickpea flour – 1 cup (150 grams)
Semolina – ½ cup (75 grams)
Curd – ¾ cup
Fresh coconut – 2 tbsp (grated)
Green coriander – 1-2 tbsp (finely chopped)
Oil – 3-4 tbsp
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
Curry leaves – 15-20
Sugar – 3 tsp
Eno fruit salt – ¾ tsp
Salt – more than 1 tsp or to taste
Ginger paste – ½ tsp
Lemon – 1
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
1. Sieve chickpea flour in a big bowl
2. Take the idli stand and grease its mould with some oil.
3. Place idli maker utensil on stove. Pour as much water as needed in the utensil for steaming idlis.
4. Add semolina and curd to the sieved chickpea flour along with ½ cup of water. Whisk them together to prepare a lump-free batter.
5. Then add salt, ginger paste and 2 tbsp lemon juice in the batter followed with add 2 tsp of sugar and turmeric powder. Mix everything really well. Cover and keep the prepared batter aside for 10 minutes to set.
6. After 10 minutes, add eno fruit salt to the raised idli batter. Mix it.
7. Pour the batter equally in the greased moulds with the help of a spoon. Set them on stand.
8. Place the stand in the water filled vessel. Put the lid on and cook it on medium flame so that the water doesn’t get evaporated quickly.
9. Let it steam for 15 minutes. After that, uncover the utensil and check whether the idlis are cooked or not. Poke a knife in an idli if it comes out clean this means they are perfectly cooked.
10. Put the flame off. Take the stand out and let it cool for a while.
11. Meanwhile prepare the tempering, heat 2-3 tsp oil in a wok. When oil starts to fume, splutter mustard seeds. Now add curry leaves and saute it for a while.
12. Pour ½ cup of water along with salt and sugar. Put off the flame when everything is dissolved completely.
13. Separate the idlis from mould with the help of a knife. Transfer them on a plate.
14. Spread this tempering all over the idli dhokla with a spoon. Spongy and scrumptious Idli dhokla is ready to serve.
15. Garnish these yummylicious idlis dhokla with chopped green coriander and grated coconut and serve them with coriander chutney, coconut chutney, tomato sauce or any other chutney you like and enjoy!
• Idli batter should not be too thick or too runny.
• Don’t whisk the batter too much after adding eno fruit salt to it else the air created in the batter will get released and the Idli will neither rise nor will become spongy.
• Cover the vessel properly so the steam doesn’t escape.
Subscribe for more recipes –
For the Best recipes on YouTube, log onto –
Find us on Facebook at –
Visit my Hindi Website