The cool aisles refrigerated dairy aisles with the grocery store are packed with convenient, tasty, healthy foods-whether you are looking for thirst-quenching drinks, terrific meals and accompaniments or nutritious snacks.
Healthy Meals And Snacks From The Cool Aisles Of The Store
Here are a couple of ideas for nutritious anytime snacks:
• Cheese Kabob-Alternate slices of apples and cheddar cheese on skewers.
• Tropical Smoothie-Blend orange juice, frozen strawberries and vanilla yogurt.
• Morning Wake-up-Mix cup of skim milk with teaspoon of instant coffee and sweetened cocoa.
• Granola Delight-Layer granola and fresh fruits with favorite yogurt flavor.
• Ultimate Easy Snack-Keep the fridge brimming with individually packaged yogurts, jello, cheese sticks, vegetable dips and even more for anytime, anywhere snacking.
While whenever of year can be quite a great time to see the Cool Aisles from the store, June is officially Dairy Month, sponsored through the National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association (NFRA). That means you will find special prices and promotions on many tasty cool favorites.
Here is often a breakfast, lunch or dinner entrée that’s simple to make, with key ingredients through the dairy aisle:
Vegetable Cheddar Quiche
1 cup chopped red, green or yellow bell peppers
3/4 cup sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 cup refrigerated egg substitute
1 cup refrigerated non-dairy creamer
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 oz shredded Cheddar Cheese
Heat 10″ skillet; spray generously with nonstick cooking spray; sauté peppers, mushrooms and onions until tender-crisp. Combine egg substitute, creamer, salt and pepper; pour into skillet, cover and cook over medium-low heat until set, approx. 8-10 minutes. Sprinkle quiche with cheese and replace cover until cheese is melted. Remove from heat and let set for two minutes. Serves 4.