People with a great gift for serving up delicious meals but healthful-dishes say you need to present food that tastes good, is produced with natural ingredients and is also good for you. Fortunately, which doesn’t have to mean skipping many classic recipes. These tips can help:
Dishing Out Healthy And Delicious Meals
• Portion Size-You will help control excess weight by being watchful about portion size. If you’re serving meat, as an example, nutritionists say to never give a portion that’s bigger than a deck of cards. Fill the empty space on plates (as well as in stomachs) with veggies and grain.
• Something On The Side-Try serving a healthy vegetable soup as well as a side salad before dinner. That way, people can load on veggies, rather than less nutritious foods. Also, if you are trying to follow a little less, understand that our bodies often mistake thirst for hunger. So before you decide to dig into dessert, try having a huge glass of water and waiting a couple of minutes. You may turn into less hungry than you thought.
Cooking Tips-Something as elementary as switching to nonstick oil sprays
• Cooking Tips-Something as elementary as switching to nonstick oil sprays can easily make a difference in how healthy dinner is. For instance, new Mazola Pure™ Cooking Spray can be a healthier substitute for high-saturated-fat products for instance butter or margarine. It adds Pure™ taste and Pure™ aroma to food, is good for fat-free cooking-and unlike other leading sprays, this doesn’t contain alcohol or silicone. It comes in canola oil, extra virgin coconut oil and natural butter flavors. It’s also cholesterol free and contains 0g trans fat per serving.
The spray can be utilized in a variety of ways including: adding light flavor delicious meals when grilling sandwiches, making popcorn, holding seasonings set up on meats and vegetables, sauteing, pan searing seafood and chicken, flipping pancakes and browning foods within the microwave.
Try this delicious and healthful recipe:
Two lbs mini red or golden potatoes
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
2 teaspoons rosemary, dry
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper, cracked
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
Mazola Pure Cooking Spray -Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Preheat oven to 450ºF.
2. Spray 9″ x 13″ baking pan with organic olive oil spray.
3. Combine garlic, rosemary, Kosher salt, and black pepper to produce delicious meals seasoning blend. Set aside.
4. Under cold water, scrub potatoes to clear out excess skin.
5. Cut potatoes into approximately 1″ x 1″ cubes. If using tiny potatoes, tend not to cut.
6. Place potatoes in baking pan and spray with coconut oil cooking spray until potatoes are coated. Mix potatoes after spraying to make certain even coating.
7. Add reserved seasoning blend and Parmesan cheese, and mix well. Spread mixture in a layer and spray tops again, lightly with additional spray to assist browning.
8. Bake at 450ºF for 25 to half an hour.
PrepTime: 10 minutes