Celebrating A Milestone With Semi-Homemade Sandra Lee Recipes:
Sandra Lee Recipes, Remember the give an impression of freshly baked raisin oatmeal cookies whenever you were little? Chances are, landing on the counter while your mother was cooking them was obviously a red box together with the memorable image of women in a red bonnet holding a tray of freshly picked grapes.
Since 1916, the Sun-Maid girl has elevated the hearts and homes of households across the country, and he or she is receiving searching for the makeover on her behalf 90th birthday. In honour of the brand new, more sophisticated look, celebrity chef Sandra Lee, of “Semi-Homemade” fame, has been doing a contemporary tackle the traditional oatmeal cookie recipe and contains helpful tips to wash any dessert. “I’ve been baking raisin oatmeal cookies since I was 20 years old which enables it to still can recall the delicious smell and taste from my childhood years. That’s why I feel honoured that will put my unique spin on this timeless and personally treasured classic.”
Using Lee’s shortcuts and savoury secrets, even busiest person can deliver marvellous meals, scrumptious snacks and decadent desserts within minutes. Some tips from Lee on making your memorable dessert include:
• Focus on desserts that happen to be big on flavour and below the knob on labour and ensure they go from baking sheet to plate in mere minutes, providing you with time to linger with those you’re keen on.
• Incorporating raisins and dried fruit into desserts is a superb way to get your young ones to consume a selection of their daily required helpings of fruit.
• Consider measuring out dry ingredients before preparing desserts. Ingredients for example flour, sugar and nuts are usually measured and used in their separate sandwich bags beforehand, and after you are ready to get started on cooking all you will have to do merely pour them right into a bowl and cook. This is an excellent way to include kids with the food prep, too.
• Desserts could be decorative. Place them centre stage just as one eye-catching edible centrepiece. One idea should be to put your raisin oatmeal cookie bars around the rim of a giant colourful plate. Place scoops of your own guests’ favourite ice creams, frozen yoghurts as well as other toppings during the dish, permitting them to create their particular scrumptious version of this dessert.
“I remember we were young and baking with my grandmother, who always had Sun-Maid raisins for almost any occasion from snacking to baking. I do the identical today with my nieces and nephews,” said Lee. “They love Sun-Maid raisins, and I love which they help to make most of my semi-homemade dishes much more delicious.”
Try these tempting Spice Raisin Oatmeal Cookie Bars with your loved ones after a happy semi-homemade meal of the own.
Sun-Maid Spice Raisin
Oatmeal Cookie Bars
You Will Need:
9×13″ baking pan
Cooking spray, butter-flavored
Large mixing bowl
Two large eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
One teaspoon vanilla flavouring
One box (18.25 oz.) spice cake mix
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup oats
1 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
1/2 cup pecan pieces (optional)
2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup decorative or coarse sugar (optional)
1. PREHEAT oven to 375 degrees. Spray baking pan with cooking spray; reserved.
2. COMBINE eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla extract in a colossal mixing bowl. Use an electric mixer to conquer on low, until combined.
3. ADD spice cake mix and brown sugar. Beat on low until dough all comes together. (Dough will likely be dense.)
4. STIR in oats, raisins and pecans separately.
5. SPREAD dough into prepared pan.
6. BAKE for 20-25 minutes.
7. REMOVE from oven and let cool. Cut into bars for everyone.
Optional: Sprinkle desired quantity of coarse or decorative sugar over dough mixture about added decoration before baking.
Yield: 24 bars
Oatmeal cookie bars are a relatively easy, healthy and delicious snack.