7 Diabetes Foot Care Tips:
Diabetes Foot Care Tips, If you have diabetes information about how to deal with your condition is essential to your wellbeing.
If you do not look after you run the danger of developing sores or infections which could, within the worst case scenario, bring about amputations. As happened to my father-in-law. Reduce your chance infection or amputation by these 7-foot care tips…
1) Check your toes daily – specifically if you have low sensitivity or no feeling in the feet. Sores, cuts, and grapes might go unnoticed and also you could develop problems ultimately causing amputations.
2) Don’t go around barefoot, even indoors. It’s easy to tread on something or stub your toes and cut yourself. Protect feet with socks/stockings and shoes/slippers.
3) Be careful should you have corns or calluses. Check with your medical professional or podiatrist the simplest way to care for them.
4) Wash your toes daily in warm, NOT HOT water. And don’t soak the feet (even though you’ve been standing throughout the day) since it could dry your epidermis and form cracks or sores.
5) Take special care to dry your toes completely, especially relating to the toes. These are natural moisture traps – leaving them damp or wet could create all kinds of problems.
6) Exercise your legs and feet regularly. Even when sitting you may rotate your ankles; wiggle your toes or move your legs around. These all keep the blood circulation flowing so it helps to minimize potential risk of foot problems.
7) Get you professionally checked, car should be done a year, for sensitivity and warning signs of any problems. You usually can arrange this for those who have your annual examination for your AC1 levels (blood sugar levels over a 3-month period), blood pressure level and cholesterol.
Take constant care of your toes. Get the help of a relative or professional; Doctor, diabetic nurse or podiatrist if you’re not able to bend when trimming nails or checking for sores. Taking these simple actions will assist you to reduce the danger of painful problems.