There has become a lot in the news lately concerning the amazing healing properties of turmeric, a free-radical-fighting antioxidant-rich curry spice that was hailed to be a defense against both cancer and Alzheimer’s. When we found this tasty recipe for just a warming, detoxifying ginger-turmeric tea, there we were thrilled: following the holiday season, we figured we might use some detoxing and healing!
Then we tasted it, and were totally hooked: it’s delicious! Ginger and turmeric match citrus and maple syrup to generate the perfect combination of healing nutrients. We streamlined the recipe for making it ultra-easy, too:
2 cups water
1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
1/2 teaspoon powdered turmeric
One tablespoon maple syrup
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Bring water to some boil, start exercising. Powdered herbs. Simmer for 10-20 minutes.
2. Strain tea right into a mug, add maple syrup and lemon, stirring to blend. Drink warm.
Makes one serving.
Spa Cuisine: Peachy Iced Green Tea – Recipe
Drinking green tea extract may help you shed pounds. According to scientific tests conducted by Dr Abdul Dulloo, with the University of Geneva in Switzerland, green tea extract raises metabolic rates and accelerates fat oxidation. Green tea is another great immune-enhancing health-booster and anti-cancer agent, with flavonoids and polyphenols shown to inhibit tumour formation.
So the following is our easy-to-make recipe for green tea extract, but this tastes so great you’ll never guess how good it’s for you! A great, healthy thirst-quencher for decent summer days.
Six green tea herb tea bags
6 cups cold water
Two ripe peaches, pitted and sliced
1. Place tea bags in a large teapot or pitcher.
2. Put sliced peaches in a saucepan, add cold water, and bring to a brisk boil, then pour water and peaches over teabags.
3. Steep for 6 minutes, start exercising. Sweetener (maple syrup, honey or Succanat was recommended). Allow tea to chill, then refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
4. Include a few peach slices in each glass and serve to have a spoon, garnished using a sprig of mint if you’d prefer.
Even Easier Alternative Method: Make a pitcher of green tea herb and add the valuables in a can of organic sliced peaches. Chill thoroughly.
Makes six servings.